Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekend Update

What an awesome weekend we had! The weather was unbelievable. We got outside and went for several walks with Parker's new jogging stroller. Of course, since it's got a toy steering wheel, Sam was a little jealous and wanted to take a ride in it as well. Saturday Morning, Sam and I went to BJs and had so much fun. He was such a delight. I got what I needed and he and I had a blast. He helped me put things into the cart, including a HUGE bag of potting soil and some really big cans of baby formula, and helped put things through the self checkout. He had fun standing on the end of the cart and holding on while I pushed.

We had planned a "make your own pizza" party for Sunday night, and had invited over our neighbors, the Albertos, but unfortunately one of the kids spiked a 103 fever. So, we sent over some dough, cheese and fixin's to them, and made our pizzas without them. Sam enjoyed making his, which we did in the oven. Pete and I opted to grill ours...so yummy. Of course, Parker had a blast while nobody was paying any attention to him....







Today we got our plants started in the hopes of a better garden year this year. We planted 4 types of tomatoes, peppers, basil, and sage. The remainder will get planted later in the season (thanks for the advice, Dad!). Sam and I had fun filling the peat pots with dirt, planting the seeds, adding more dirt, then watering. Hoping that some of the plants actually survive, since Sam was a little aggressive with the watering :-)






Sam dove into his new Enviro-Blox. They are those biodegradable packing peanuts that someone packaged into a toy. When they get damp, with a sponge, they stick to each other REALLY well. Sam and I made a rocket and a fire engine. Very easy, and no mess at all. Love them!







I am a lucky woman with a fabulous family. I have lots for which I am grateful!

1 comment: