Sam loves to help. It's great, especially since he's obsessed with the Swivel Sweeper and cleans up all the mess that Parker makes at dinner every night. When it was time to give Parker a bottle on Sunday, Sam wanted to do it. So cute!
Sam is in the "why" phase. It was really cute for about two days. Now, it's all I can do to keep from snapping at him BECAUSE I SAID SO!!! I truly believe that there should be a reason for things, so I try to give him an explanation. Because it's a one man job. Because you will spill your milk. Because Mommy is too tall to stand under that tree. Because you go pee-pee in the toilet, not in the bathtub. Because you will hurt your brother. Because we don't have ice cream after supper every night. And on, and on, and on. Sometimes it ends with "because it just is."
This morning, Sam woke me at 5am saying "I'm wet." So I went into his room to change him. He was soaked! I went to take his diaper off and realized that Pete never put one on him last night. Thanks, Pete! Poor kid. Luckily, he went back to sleep after that.
This morning, Pete was on the bed with Parker, and lifted his shirt and gave him tickle kisses on his belly a few times. When he stopped, Parker lifted up his shirt as if to say "more Daddy!" I couldn't believe that he did that!
I'm going on a business trip overnight to NJ Tuesday into Wednesday. I'm going to miss my little loves and my hubby!
No comments:
Post a Comment