Saturday started with me sleeping until 11:15!!! Well, I actually woke when the boys woke, and did snuggle with Sam for a while (as usual) but then I went back to sleep for hours and hours. Thanks, Pete! We then got sandwiches and had lunch at the park, where Sam romped around on the playground. It was such a nice day....I can't wait for the warm weather! Then, Parker went home for a nap, and Sam and I ran some errands: Lowes and Target. Needed a baby gate for Parker, to keep him from heading UP the stairs in the basement and needed some blinds for the basement. Came home empty handed on both counts. But, we had fun and saw some good diggers en route, which is always a pleasure.
Sunday AM, Pete got to sleep in, and then Sam and I brought him breakfast in bed. I had made pancakes for me, Sam, and Parker while Pete was sleeping. Parker LOVES pancakes (genetics at work, for sure) but it's amazing how many crumbs they make. What a mess. Anyway, we used up all the batter, so when Pete woke up, his breakfast in bed was cereal and fresh strawberries. Of course, Sam told him what we ate while he slept, and I got lots of grief for that. What's the expression...."you snooze, you lose!"
Sunday afternoon we went to CT for our friend's son's 3rd birthday party. It was a construction themed party, which was so cute. Of course, one of the treats was granola bars that had PEANUTS in them, so Pete and I had to talk to Sam about how he couldn't touch or eat them and we still kept an eye on him when the other kids had theirs out and were eating them. Luckily, he doesn't seem phased by things like that. I'm waiting for the day that I have to tell him he can't have the actual birthday cake....I don't think that will go over as well. In the news this AM there was word of a study that was being done where by giving minute amounts of peanut protein, over time in the Dr. office, that kids can get over their allergy. Fingers crossed that within a few years this will be a reality so we can get him to the point where it isn't a life-threatening allergy. Still, both Sam and Parker had fun at the party and slept the whole way home. Of course, that meant that since they fell asleep in the car at 6:30pm, they were both up at 5:30 AM. Yikes! Thanks to Pete again, for taking them downstairs and letting me sleep until 7:30. He's the best!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment