Sunday, July 26, 2009

Long time no update.

So, I'm not the best at updating this. Oh well. I'll try to do better :-)

My busy time is finally over, and Summer is in full swing in the Waugh household!

Parker is climbing up on EVERYTHING! He can get up/down from the patio furniture, train table, Sam's bed. He has gotten up on the kitchen table a couple times, but we didn't give him the chance to show us if he can get down on his own. He's been climbing up stairs for a while (usually supervised) and just learned how to climb down over the past few days. He knows what "feet first" means, so when you tell him to do that, he wiggles his little bottom around to get his feet behind him to go down backwards.


And, he's learned that picking olives up with his finger is so much fun!



We went blueberry picking this weekend at a new farm here in our town. It was a lovely little farm, the first year they opened. Basically, these people cleared out an acre in their back yard and planted tons of blueberry bushes. The picking was AWESOME and we came home with about 16 lbs. Parker and I have been eating tons, and Sam will only eat them frozen.

Sam started swim lessons a few weeks ago. While I thought he would be scared, and hesitant, he actually has been loving it and doing so well. I went with him one day, and he didn't even look over to me the entire time, he was so into it. They practice kicking on the kickboard, hunt for rings, practice "ice cream scoops" (arm movements) and learned to put their face in the water. When the instructor tells Sam to put his face in the water, he does it with no fear. I'm so proud of him. He completed level 1 (a 2 week class) and will go onto level two every day for the next two weeks.
















No comments:

Post a Comment