Saturday, July 4, 2009

The latest with us.

No pictures this time....since I downloaded the software from Pete's camera I haven't been able to download from my camera. I'll work on that in a couple weeks, when work slows down


The latest on Parker...
- When we put olives on his tray, he sticks his finger in them and holds it up to show us like it's the coolest thing in the world. The he eats them, of course. So talented...we only had to put an olive on his finger just one time for him to learn this!
- He now knows seven signs: dog, sleep, eat, drink, car, milk, & more. We haven't been the most diligent about teaching him, but it's great that he is getting a few of them!
- Parker LOVES to look out the windows of our house. He can see out when standing on the floor, but likes to step up on the baseboard heaters to get a better look.
- Gets into everything. We had to lock up the liquor and always have to keep the bathroom doors closed. The bathroom and bedroom garbage cans are up on the counters and dresser. We had to put locks on the tupperware and sippy cup drawers, not because they are unsafe, but because we're so tired of picking his mess up.
- Loves to turn his sound machine on and off.
- HATES to sit still for a diaper change. It's amazing how strong he is.
- Still not walking, despite our efforts to get him to. I suppose, when he is ready, he will.




The latest on Sam....
- Loves working with me in the yard and garden. He'll frequently let me know that "we're doing a lot of hard work!"
- LOVES his new sandbox. He can spend hours in there digging with the many trucks he has in there. We just need to figure out a way to keep the darned thing covered so that water doesn't pool up in the tarp cover.
- HATES fireworks, making this weekend very difficult. They woke him up last night and he didn't want to sleep in his own bed. That has never happened before. So we had him sleep with us. I can't say that I really minded :-)
- Is becoming a whiz on the trike. He even learned how to do a three point turn! Our front walk is on a slight incline. I wouldn't have even noticed it if he didn't repeatedly go down it on the trike, very fast, with his feet up on the fender of the bike. I see an ER visit in our future, when he gets a little older and a little more able to really hurt himself.
- Is oddly obsessed with the number 17. When it's time for kisses, he wants to give me 17. When I ask him to do something, he says "I'm going to do it when I count to 17." No clue why this is.
- Zipped his own zipper on his jacket for the first time this week.
- Starts swim lessons next week!



The latest with me and Pete....
- I'm in my busy time at work, and have been working every night and weekends. Luckily, the pain only lasts for a few weeks, then it's back to the 9-5 thing. I miss spending time with my family! They went to the beach today while I stayed home and worked. Luckily, Pete is so supportive....puts the kids to bed so I can go back down to work at night. Let me catch up on my sleep the past couple mornings (when the boys woke at 6!). Taking care of all the laundry (I usually at least help a little bit).
- Pete's been working on the Vineyard, doing sales. It pulls him in another direction for a while, which makes life more challenging, but he enjoys it. And the extra cash is nice! Plus, he's really good at it. We're so lucky for his parents, who have come to stay with us a couple times so Pete could get away to the Vineyard.
- We're enjoying the camper and have three more camping trips planned for the summer. A week at a local place that looks really posh (http://www.normandyfarms.com/). One weekend at the place in NH we went to that we really liked, and another weekend at a place in Maine that looks amazing (http://www.hermitisland.com/). Our friends go there every year...private island with several beaches. Should be relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment