Monday, April 27, 2009

Maybe he's not so gullible after all!

What Sam doesn't know is that we have 5 of his teddies. It was a piece of advice my girlfriend gave me that was priceless: don't let your kid fall in love with a lovie that you can't replace. So, we stocked up, and rotate them. We started with just two, then somehow it grew to 5. Don't ask my how. But, we rotate them, always letting him use the one with the most intact tag. When one needs to go in the wash, or gets misplaced, we whip out another one. Tonight, T5 landed in the toilet. So I called Pete up to "dry" him off, and sent Pete into the closet to get T4. Pete came back with T4 and announced, "he's all dry!" Sam took T4, felt his tag, then said "where's my other Teddy?" I replied, in my best I have NO idea what you are talking about voice, "What other teddy? He's right here! Daddy dried him off for you!" Sam replied "Teddy's brother. Where is he?" Apparently that one night in the middle of the night when Sam did happen to have a two-bear sighting he wasn't as asleep as we though he was. So, we leveled with him. Told him that we have two teddies...one for the wash and one for sleeping. I thought he was old emough to know the truth....well, almost the whole truth...he still doesn't know there is 5 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment