Monday, May 25, 2009

May

Well, I sure as heck am not good at uploading pictures in order, so this post is going to be in reverse-chronology.

We took our new camper on it's maiden voyage last weekend! We went to a campground in Barrington, NH. As much as I was worried about the boys not sleeping, it turned out better than I had thought it would. While Parker wouldn't nap in the camper, he did nap in the car to/from places. And, they both got to sleep eventually. Luckily, the camper has a heater, so we were toasty on the chilly nights. We did go fishing...here is a photo of Sam reeling in a fish all by himself. He didn't inquire what happened to the fish afterwards. Don't tell him, but they are in the freezer, waiting to be planted next to our tomatoes. It's supposed to make them grow like the dickens!

Parker was mesmerized with the trees and the sky at our campground.

Sam didn't want to eat his s'more whole...he just wanted the chocolate.



Poor Parker slid into the crack where the mattress meets the screen on the camper. He was like a bug on his back...couldn't get up!



Here's Pete and Sam popping up the camper.




Onto another topic...as I further my interest in composting. I've been wanting to try vermicomposting . The compost is supposed to be great for the garden, and the liquid can be used for houseplants. I was hesitating to buy a worm composter, but when I found out that my SIL Erica did it, and was currently boarding her worms at my sister's house, I got brave. So, I ordered my worms from Uncle Jim's Worm Farm, and here they are. Pete's trying to get them all out of the bag into the bin. This was a couple weeks ago, and I'm happy to say they haven't all died on me and they are happily munching on their food scraps. I'm not sure they can handle the amount of scraps that we produce, so I think I'll still be maintaining my compost heap.


We had our back patio done last week, and Parker was just fascinated with watching the guys out our kitchen window. It's awesome to watch him transform from a baby into a little boy!



We had 8 yards of mulch delivered, and until it was all laid out around our landscaping, Sam had a blast playing on the mulch pile.



This is a picture of Parker eating his 1st Birthday cake! Not sure why it isn't showing up. Anyway, our baby is 1 year old and we had a great day celebrating with family and friends.




In early May, Pete (very bravely) took the boys to Target for a photo shoot. Two, actually. He wasn't satisfied with the pictures they got when they went in the AM, so he went back in the afternoon! I wasn't with him, poor guy. Anyway, we got some great shots of Parker at 1 year old and some great shots of Sam as well!










1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pics! Kyle would be so jealous that you ordered worms...that's his thing these days. The boys look so cute and Sam looks like such a little man :-)

    Have fun camping again!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete