Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009





All I can say is that this was a wonderful family weekend. We hung out and played on Saturday morning. I took a nap Saturday afternoon cuddled up to Sam while he watched Cars (again) and only woke up when I heard him say "uh-oh, Mommy, I put my gum in your hair." Luckily, Pete was able to get it out pretty easily. My parents came over Saturday afternoon and joined us as we colored Easter eggs. So much fun! My mom brought over these electronic eggs that talk. You hide them then they call out to you "We're over here! We're hiding!" until you find them. We had so much fun watching Sam look for them. He helped us hide them on my mom, but as soon as she started looking for them he told her EXACTLY where they were. He apparently didn't get that the point of hiding them is that the other person has to look for them. Not too bright :-)
At 4:30am Easter Sunday, Sam came into our bedroom and crawled into bed with us. We all fell back asleep, but since Sam was using my butt as a pillow, I can't say that I got much sleep. Then Parker woke at 6. As usual. WY CAN'T HE SLEEP PAST 6???? Then Sam said the sweetest words I ever heard: "Mommy, my diaper is dry!" Although he's been potty trained during the day for months and months, he still wears a diaper at night. This was the first time he woke up dry. Let's hope it's a trend!
We hung out with my parents in the AM, I went back to bed for a nap around 9:30 (thanks, Pete!), and the Waughs and Eunice came over at around 11ish. Our friends Leigh and Dave and their kids came over for an egg hunt. It's amazing how fast three little kids can pick up 65 eggs! It was funny, at first when we let them loose outside Sam had no idea where to look. They were all just chasing each other around at first, until we pointed them in the right direction. So much sugar....
Dinner was awesome. I love Calef's ham. It was amazing. With Marge's famous raisin sauce it was just delicious. After dinner, everyone took turns playing with the kids while I cleaned. It was such a nice day. I'm so lucky that my parents and Pete's parents get along so well, and that we all truly enjoy spending time together. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment