Monday, November 30, 2009

Catching Up

This year for the Advent box, I didn't want to give candy and junky toys again. I stole an idea from Family Fun magazine and for each day we put a different Christmas activity in the box. Day 1 was to make snowman pancakes. I think I would have gone with pretzels for arms, but Daddy was in charge (I was on a business trip) so they got Twizzlers for the arms. The boys loved it.




























Clearly, Parker is still getting into mischief. We realised that it was a bit too quiet a few days ago, and this is what he found. He managed to get into the mini cupcake papers and the ribbons. He was so happy, and having so much fun, it was hard to be mad at him. And, of course, he had his favorite blocks up there with him. Lately, he can play with those for hours, nesting them together, then separating them.



Pete took this shot at a local park and I just love it because it completely captures the look that P has on his face when he points and squeals. And he points at everything! Each time we go into get him up from a nap he points out to us that his pacis and dog and blanket are on the floor, like it's the first time he ever threw them down there.





The boys were so excited the day we picked out and put up the tree! Sam knew that he had John Deere and Thomas ornaments in the box and was BESIDE HIMSELF waiting to open them. Once we found them, he really enjoyed putting them up. He tried to get all the Thomas ones on the same branch. We had to explain to him why that wasn't the best idea :-)

Poor Parker was a little frustrated that we put the gate up, since that means he can't get his hands on it!
We bought a small tree and planted it in the front yard the same day. In about 7-8 years we should be able to cut our own tree down in our front yard!







Mr. P getting a haircut. It had been way to long, but it's such a process. We did a great job, though, and he loved his lollipop!










Parker enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner :-)

Kidding of course....he didn't really eat the leg. See the one macaroni shell stuck tohis chin? Too cute.









When Pete went away I was blessed with company and help. My parents came for the first part of the week, then Pete's parents came for the 2nd half. Sam had a good time with Grampy, playing games on the computer. They found a game where you built cakes. Apparently, Grampy got bored with it. Luckily Sam had the hang of it and didn't need his help!






One day when Pete was away, my folks stayed with Parker and I took Sam to the Museum of Science in Boston with my sister and her boys. It was so much fun and I was pleasantly surprised how much there was to do there. When Sue and the boys were at the Harry Potter exhibit, Sam and I went to the butterfly exhibit. It was so neat. Sam really liked seeing them all up close.



Sam now buttons his own shirt and zippers his own coat. Pete taught him. So nice that he's got a bit more independence, and he's so cute when he is so proud of himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment